“If we don’t try, we never know.”
The second curated list of ten new things to try…drumroll please!
- Start your day of with a listen. If Nessun Dorma sung by Luciano Pavarotti doesn’t get you going, nothing will.
- Check out an art or design book from the local library, and be inspired by it.
- Tie a special intention to a tree. Start a wish tree.
- Take just a few minutes to stretch upon waking, and stretch before bed. Feel the places that ache and be tender with them. Breathe deeply and know in those moments, you are doing something good for your body and mind.
- Take a walk through your local nursery for a sensory experience. See. Touch. Smell. Pay close attention to how certain plants make you feel. Even the sweet smelling compost will be invigorating. And don’t forget to listen. The shrubs and trees will rustle, and most often there are fountains to hear as well.
- Make a gratitude list.
- Pick up some colored Sharpies. They make list-making, journaling, and health-tracking so much more appealing.
- Have breakfast for dinner. Eggs, hashbrowns, bacon? Yes, please!
- Think positive or prayerful thoughts about a person who is difficult to like. (This can be quite challenging sometimes!)
- Treat yourself to a twist cone. A few dollars well spent to make you feel like a kid again.